Since I have some leftover egg whites from making that pastry cream for my Cream Puffs I made some meringue out of it since no ingredients should be wasted :P. I prefer my meringues with the mallowy inside while the outside is crispy. It’s quite easy to make this but the main ingredient is TIME since to achieve that, it will take quite a while.
A pinch of salt
4 Egg whites
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 150° C .
- In a bowl add the egg whites and whisk it with your hand mixer or stand mixer until it starts to foam or it reaches the soft peak.
- Add the sugar tablespoon by tablespoons while mixing. Whisk with a high speed until it’s nice and glossy. Check whether there are still some grains from the sugar, keep beating until all the sugar dissolves.
- Add the salt and vanilla.
- Bake the meringue for about 15 Minutes after that turn off your oven leaving the meringues inside for about 1 Hour without opening the oven door.
- The residual heat cooks the meringue and you’ll achieve the crispy outside and mallowy inside.