I keep seeing videos on how to make eclairs and I decided to create one since I’ve never really made one and the only eclairs i had was from Dunkin’ Donuts. I decided why not try making one and see how it goes. My eclairs failed and well it didn’t quite get big it just got hard and it looked like biscuits, the taste on the other hand was really nice though and it kinda taste like that eggnog cookies from the Philippines which I really liked when I was a kid.
Since I had some more batter, why not make cream puffs and this is the result. It was already good without the chocolate but then I decided to add some chocolate ganache which i had some left same with the whipping cream (never waste your ingredients) and it really tastes good especially the filling which I learned from this wonderful food blog/youtuber I follow who does amazing food.
All in all it was really fun making, experimenting and learning with new types of food makes you grow in some way. If you haven’t made one I suggest that you should try it.
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup (70g) sugar
1/3 cup (40g) cornstarch
1 tbsp (15g) unsalted butter
2 cups (480 ml) milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar and mix until it’s pale. Then add the sifted cornstarch and mix well.
- On a sauce pan add the milk and bring to a simmer. Then add 1/3 of the milk to your egg mixture and mix. After mixing pour the mixture to the sauce pan with the rest of the milk and bring to a boil while constantly stirring until it thickens. Add vanilla extract.
- On a clean bowl transfer your sauce and let it cool for 10 minutes then add the butter.
- Cover it with plastic wrap, pressing directly to the surface of the cream to prevent it from creating a skin on the surface.
- Set it aside or put it in the fridge until you need to use it.